When working with Powershell and Active Directory dependent software like Microsoft Exchange, or Microsoft Lync and others, you can sometimes get inconsistent result. If your running multiple commands after each other, which depends on the previous command it sometimes fails. There is a simple solution to solve this problem.
Recently I’ve been working with Lync and problems with desktop/application sharing for a customer of my. After a lot of troubleshooting, we found together with Microsoft, that Citrix Edgesight is the cause or trigger of this problem.
I needed to enumerate some applications and their settings from RES Powerfuse. My first thought was to just query the mssql-database. I found that it shouldn’t be that easy. Here’s what I discovered and how to retrieve the information trough Powershell. Should be easy to port to .Net if needed.